Dec 13, 2018

70% of surveyed Christmas shoppers enjoy wrapping gifts for the holidays. Who are these crazy people?! Most of the time, people enjoy doing things they are good at. For the remaining 30% of us, Christmas gift wrapping looks like this:

Junk

That's right. A wreck. 

So, if you're part of the unfortunate 30% who aren't very good at gift wrapping, or you've waited until the last minute to get 'er done, check out these 5, spectacular gift wrapping hacks from RoosterFin Games before you tackle those presents this Christmas. 

What do you need to get started wrapping Christmas gifts?

  • Wrapping paper
  • Ribbons or bows
  • Tags
  • Scissors
  • A pencil or pen

And . . .

1. Double-sided Tape

How do some people manage to get their gifts looking like a little professional elf from the North pole wrapped their presents? It's not magic, or Maybelline. It's double-sided tape. Simple and life-changing, you can thank me later so you don't end up looking like this on Christmas Eve:

Tied up with tape

Single-sided tape is evil. 

2. Make sure the paper is the right size for your gift.

Start off right with the correct paper size. If the paper is the wrong size, your wrap job is gonna look wonky. The paper should come up to a little bit more than halfway on the sides of the present, and then wrap all the way around with a one-inch overlap. 

3. Win the Battle of the Bulge.

It can be difficult to get the seams of the wrapping paper to appear flat and even. To create smooth creases that don't bulge, match the seams of the wrapping paper with the edges of the gift. Creating creases at the corners will make folding much easier and look better, too. 

4. Mind the Flap

Is the flap on one side of the present too long? Make a mark where the corners of the gift wrap meet, so you know how far you need to fold the extra wrapping paper underneath. 

5. Put a Bag Over It

Are your gifts weird shapes, or soft things that won't be easy to wrap? You can always use a gift bag. That'll save you time, tape, and energy. 

Still need a visual? Check out this Youtube video, Life-changing Gift Wrapping Hacks. The video does a great job of showing and explaining how to get those crisp, neat edges and creases on your presents. 

Do you have any Christmas gift-wrapping hacks? Let us know in the comments!

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing